Table of Contents
Have you decided to throw away your old furniture? It is a good idea to do so before replacing it. Although it sounds easy, it’ll be hard to get rid of your unwanted furniture because the items are so bulky and heavy. You can likely find someone willing to help you, but it is often easier to let a professional handle it. Call us and we’ll come to get your furniture for you.
Furniture Disposal Done Right
Once you’ve decided to get rid of your old furniture, you’ll need to find a reliable disposal method. Some methods are better than others. If you want to simplify it, call our office. We offer a no-contact furniture removal service. We can deal with your unwanted furniture, appliances, computers, and more. All you have to do is call our office and let us take these items from your home. We’ll do our best to protect our clients and workers. Let us do the heavy lifting for you so you can relax. We’ll take care of it. Remember that we offer comprehensive junk removal services.
Call to get started.
Dumping A Couch
You’ve likely thought about dumping your couch in a dumpster. Although this is one option, it is best to find another solution. Most waste management companies aren’t going to take couches. Instead, you’ll have to dispose of the couch differently. We recommend letting us take care of it for you. Just remember that the couch might have to be broken down first.
Giving Away Furniture On The Curb
When you decide to get rid of your unwanted furniture, it is often a good idea to give it away. Just remember that you might not be able to give it away on the curb. In some cases, you can. In others, you cannot. It depends on the guidelines in your city. Check them before placing your furniture on the curb. Otherwise, you might have to pay a fine.
Taking A Couch Apart
Before you can get rid of your couch, you’ll likely need to take it apart. You’ll need to follow the steps below to achieve this goal.
- Get rid of the cushions. Move them to a safe location.
- Lay the carpet on its back and begin removing its legs.
- Grab a screwdriver and use it to remove the carpet’s upholstery.
- Begin breaking down the wood frame.
- Once you’ve taken the couch apart, find a way to dispose of it.
We can help. Call our office so we can haul these items away for you.
Who Picks Up Old Furniture?
You’ll find that certain organizations will take away old furniture. It is a good idea to consider all your options before picking the best one for you.
- Ask your city waste management company. In some cases, they’ll take old furniture and get rid of it for you. Some will but some won’t.
- You might be able to give it away or sell it. You can do so online or in person.
- Give the old furniture to a charitable organization. You can drop it off or find a charity that will come to get it.
- Drop it off at the dump. To do this, you’ll have to haul it out of your home and get rid of it. Be careful or you’ll hurt yourself.
- Get in touch with a professional junk removal company. Call our office to get started.
Dealing With Old Furniture In Your Office
When moving to a new office, you’ll have to do something with your old furniture. Unless you’re going to be taking it with you, you’ll have to dispose of it somehow. Thankfully, there are several ways to achieve this goal. First and foremost, you can think about leaving the furniture behind for the new tenant. Just make sure they want it. You’ll want to try recycling the old furniture. Remember that it contains many materials that can be reused.
Alternatively, you can donate or sell the old furniture.
Wood Furniture Recycling
If you’re dealing with wood furniture, you can likely recycle it. It is a good idea to take this step. Remember that pressure-treated wood cannot be recycled. As for other wood furniture, it can be recycled. Call us because we can help you get rid of sofas, couches, bookcases, beds, futons, and more.